The 2010/11 earthquakes experienced by Cantabrians and the ongoing affect on people's lives have been the catalyst for Mainland Football to initiate a New Zealand wide football fundraising effort. On behalf of Mainland Football, New Zealand Football (NZF) initiated an earthquake appeal which raised over $67,000, with the bulk of the donations coming from Japan Football Association, Oceania Football Confederation, NZF and Central Football. Other supporters we know of include: Marlborough Football, Auckland Football, Auckland Futsal League, Waikato-BOP Football and Cindy Gibb, wife of Sam Gibb (CTV).
Mainland Football is grateful to the other NZ football organisations and individuals who have also made invaluable contributions to the appeal. As a result we are proud to be able to offer the Scorching Goal Football Fund. Mainland Football will make an initial contribution of $50,000 to the fund. Annual fundraising and interest earned will form the basis for support and travel grants.
The Scorching Goal Football Fund is being established to assist children and youth aged between 5 years and 16 years who are from financially disadvantaged families or backgrounds, and where finance is a barrier to participation, either at club level, across development programmes or at representative level. This is not a fund established to specifically support talented players but is rather about giving children and youth the opportunity to continue to participate in football.
Each year Mainland Football will endeavour to run a specific fundraiser and will continue to seek other donations to ensure it does not use any of its starting fund equity for funding.
- That football talent exists across our Federation and we want to ensure opportunities are provided to players who otherwise may miss out.
- The need for kids to “fall in love” with football and not to be denied opportunities to do so through no fault of their own
- The health and well being advantages of having thousands of healthy active football kids.
OUTCOMES OF FUND ESTABLISHMENT
- To enable more children and youth to participate in football through reducing financial barriers.
- To build a sustainable long term football fund that supports thousands of Federations players for many years to come.
To download a Scorching Goal Application Form click here
To download the Scorching Goal Brochure click here
Who Can Apply to Scorching Goal
The criteria for a Scorching Goal Football Fund Grant are:
- Children and youth aged between 5 and 16 years old at the time of application
- The applicant's immediate family/caregiver is unable to support the applicant by meeting necessary related costs to enable participation in football activity.
- The applicant must attend school and must be registered or intending to register at an affiliated Mainland Football club.
- The completed application is genuinely in aid of assisting participation in football which would not otherwise take place.
What You Can Apply For
Applicants may apply for assistance with:
- Football club fees for grades higher than Fun Football; and either
- Representative tournament fees; or
- Federation Talent centre/programme fees; or
- Futsal Nationals: ASB Junior Festival and Youth Champs only
Applications for Club fees will be considered separately from Tournament or Programme applications although you may apply on the same form, at the same time.
Applicants may apply for EITHER Federation programmes (eg FTC) OR Tournament fees OR Futsal Nationals in any one calendar year.
When You Can Apply
The application due dates for 2014 are
- Sunday 30 March
- Sunday 15 June
- Sunday 31 August
The application must met the due date and no applications will be reviewed if received after the due date. For postal applications this means that application must be received by the Friday prior.
Maximum Application Amounts
No more than 50% of the total cost will be paid, with the maximum amount for each category being:
- $60 for Club Fees
- $200 for Representative Tournament Fees OR Federation Talent centre/Programmes Fees OR Futsal Nationals
Please note that GST does not apply to Scorching Goal Football Fund grants.
How To Apply
Applications must be received on a Scorching Goal application form by the due date (30 March, 15 June and 31 August each year).
Applications must be completed in full and supported by an independent person who can verify the need for financial assistance.
Click here to download an application form.
Forms can be posted to:
Scorching Goal Football Fund
PO Box 21122
or scanned and emailed to email@example.com
Who Can Support Your Application
An application must be supported by an independent person who can verify the applicant's need for financial assistance. This person may be:
- A club committee delegate
- school principal
- church minister
- a representative of a government or support agency such as WINZ
- any other person deemed appropriate by Mainland Football
Coaches will not be accepted as supporters of applications.
Special Applications will be considered for special cases that occur outside the usual application timeline and where delaying the application until the next round would cause either undue hardship or the opportunity to be lost. There must be relevant circumstances that prevented the applicant from applying within the normal timelines eh a late callup to a tournament team.
To apply as special application, complete the process as per a normal application and attach an accompanying letter requesting your application to be considered as a special application and outline the reason why.
Conditions of Assistance
The following conditions apply to Scorching Goal Football Fund Grants.
- Grants will be paid directly to the club or provider of the programme by way of direct credit or credit off the programme fees.
- Withdrawal from a programme will result in a pro-rata reimbursement of the grant back to the Scorching Goal funding pool. For example if a grant recipient withdraws 75% of the way through a programme, then 25% of the grant will be allocated back to the funding pool.
- Withdrawal for a tournament will result in a full refund of the grant back to the funding pool.
All applications are processed by the Scorching Goal Football Fund assessment panel.
Mainland Football reserves the right to seek further clarification from the person supporting the application in order to make their decision.
Successful applicants will receive a letter by email or post with details of their assistance within 3 weeeks of the closing date.
Unsuccessful applicants will receive written notification of the outcome within 3 weeks of the closing date.
Mainland Football will not enter into correspondence where an application has been declined.
FOR FURTHER INFO:
Contact Mainland Football on (03) 375 4125
Post: Scorching Goal Football Fund, Mainland Football, PO Box 21122, Christchurch 8143